More Tumblers & Vinyl!

My last post left you with a teaser that I had more tumblers to share, and here are the next two!  These were made for a couple of cute young sisters.

The decorations on these two cups were made entirely with Cricut, and the vinyl is all from Vinyl Ease on Amazon.com

The older sister is deeply into - can you guess - soccer!  I used vinyl in her team colors of blue and white.  Her name is made with Pooh Font cart (marker font and the coordinating shadow feature).  Then I filled the rest of the cup with soccer balls - from the soccer cart, of course! :-)

This is the cup I decorated for Gabby's younger sister, Dani.  Dani is has a lot a interests, including soccer, so it was hard to pick just one theme for her cup.  I wanted hers to different than her sister's cup, though.  Since Dani likes to play Guitar Hero and because she is also into drama and acting - I finally decided to use the Rock Princess cart.  The font, phrase and stars are all from the same cart.

In the end, I was happy with how they both came out.  It was hard to get good pictures of these, though.  Hope you can tell what they look like, and maybe you'll get a little inspiration for decorating your own tumblers.

Happy Crafting,
Charlotte

8 comments:

L.B. July 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Love these fun tumblers you made!!

Anonymous,  October 19, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Love your tumblers! I just got a Cricut and made my 1st and 2nd Tumbler. Question for ya...do you treat them with anything to ensure the vinyl sticks? Also do you know where I can purchase some plain tumblers? skysmom08@gmail.com

Anonymous,  November 14, 2011 at 9:26 AM

yes. that is my question too. How to you make sure they stick? Where did you purchase your tumblers?

Anonymous,  December 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM

where can i purchase the tumblers

Anonymous,  January 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I too would like to know where to get the tumblers. Did you put the vinyl on the outside or between the 2 layers? cmoore1946@hotmail.com

Charlotte February 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I'll try and tackle all of these questions at once. :-) I am finding good deals on these tumblers at E-Bay. There are also tumbler sharing purchase groups on a lot of the crafting forums.

I place the vinyl on the outside of the cup. Once decorated, these are hand wash only (no dishwasher for them). You do not have to do anything special to make this stay on. The vinyl is self-adhesive.

Have fun! Charlotte

Jennifer,  June 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I would love to be able to get started decorating tumblers & cups. What is the best machine to buy to do small projects like this?

Charlotte October 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Jennifer:

I've used several different Cricut machines and the Silhouette Cameo. Of all of them, I greatly prefer the Cameo. It has amazing (did I mention amazing) accuracy and attention to detail.

Charlotte

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Fine Print: Unless stated otherwise in the individual posts, each of these projects are my own original works. I hope that these projects give you lots of inspiration for projects of your own, and "scraplifting" is the sincerest form of flattery. So, please feel free to use these ideas for your own personal use. If you would like to use any of my projects for non-profit or business (for-profit) use, please contact me directly for permission. I will probably give it to you if it is mine to give, but it is proper to ask first! :-) Thanks.

Text, craft photos and craft projects contained on this site © Copyright 2010-2013 Paper Crafting Chic, unless otherwise noted. Manufacturers' copyrights and trademarks are owned by the respective manufacturer.