Tumblers & Vinyl

I've been having some fun with vinyl and insulated tumblers lately.  I have made 5 of these so far as gifts for friends.  Here are my first two glasses.

This is a take-off of a popular coffee shop logo.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  My GF who got this one is completely addicted to coffee.  (Well, since she's prabably going to read this, let's just say she loves coffee very, very much).

I used Make the Cut software to create the specialized design.  I have had this software since it was released, and it is super stuff.  But, I am slowwww in designing my own art, so I typically prefer to use Cricut cartridges when I can.  In this case, though, there was just no cartridge which would make the perfect design.

The second tumbler was for another friend who recently paticipated in a Warrior Dash.  I recreated the Warrior Dash logo for one side of the cup (with a little added color for a better show on the cup).  This cup was also completely designed using Make the Cut software.

The fire jumping part of the race was the part which worried her the most.  She did it, though!  So, on the other side of the cup I created a custon logo for her - Champion Fire Jumper - with a little flame!

These were a lot of fun to make, and I have several more to share here.  I also have a couple more still to design!  :-)

Happy Crafting,
Charlotte

14 comments:

Nadia June 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM

OH! I love the personalized Starbucks's logo! How cool! So clever! Is that SILVER vinyl on the Warrior Dash cup? Awesome designing!!!!
Nadia (With Glittering Eyes blog)

Courtney June 29, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I love my tumbler, Charlotte! Thank you so much again for making it for me! I promise to get you a picture still if you'd like. :)

Kristen July 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM

great job. Love your idea.

Newbie2crafting July 22, 2011 at 5:35 PM

you did a great job on your tumblers!!! I just ordered some vinyl to try on a tumbler I bought for myself and my daughter.

Anonymous,  July 22, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I love your tumblers! I just went to the make a cut site and they say they no longer support cricut machines....? I want to be able to cut logos. Any ideas? I have a cricut expression cutter. Thanks!

Kailey August 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM

do you have the starbucks logo for download?

Shannon,  October 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Where did you get the tumbler for this?! SO cute.

Charlotte February 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Anonymous - Yeah, unfortunately, the current version of Make the Cut! software does not work with the CE. It works fabulously with other cutters, though, including the Silhouette Cameo! You can check out the Make the Cut forum for a lot more information about these other cutters. HTH!

Charlotte

Charlotte February 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Kailey - Thanks for asking! I do not have downloads available on my blog yet. Since I do not own the Starbucks logo, I would not feel OK about sharing it, anyway. You can make your own, though, for your personal use with Make the Cut (or SCAL - I'm sure) software. Have fun!

Charlotte

Charlotte February 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Shannon - I have been finding good deals on these tumblers on E-Bay. Good luck!

Charlotte

Nikese Swift July 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

If I may ask, what font did you use and did you have to purchase the font?

Anonymous,  May 4, 2014 at 2:20 AM

how do you use two colors for the warrior hat?

Jennifer August 3, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi, can I ask what you used to get the vinyl to stick to the tumbler? Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Fine Print: Unless stated otherwise in the individual posts, each of these projects are my own original works. I hope that these projects give you lots of inspiration for projects of your own, and "scraplifting" is the sincerest form of flattery. So, please feel free to use these ideas for your own personal use. If you would like to use any of my projects for non-profit or business (for-profit) use, please contact me directly for permission. I will probably give it to you if it is mine to give, but it is proper to ask first! :-) Thanks.

Text, craft photos and craft projects contained on this site © Copyright 2010-2013 Paper Crafting Chic, unless otherwise noted. Manufacturers' copyrights and trademarks are owned by the respective manufacturer.